Bethany






I have started working on the senior portraits for 2010. I am also working hard at deleting all the ones off my computer from last year and keeping only the best. So far I have deleted about 30G. I really need to be more organized this year. I think that will be my one new years resolution.

Bethany was so much fun to shoot. Because I every day I know that she always has a huge smile across her face. I asked her "are you always this happy?" She said "well I have my down days too, but I always make sure to smile." She has never had a good photo shoot of herself, so that made it all the more exciting. It was her idea to bring the red chair that is normally in her and her roommates room. I just love creative people. If you guys have any idea's for good props for those seniors who are not creative, feel free to leave a comment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ceri,

Use natural props! Borrow the natural wood chairs from the boys dorm. They are awesome. They would make a really great prop!

Brad LaLonde said...

Ceri, just grab one of the raccoons... they would make a great natural prop! lol
We found 4 baby coons at camp this summer, they are cute but wild things!

joar andré said...

Great pictures!!

For a week now I've been trying to think of something creative to bring to the table... but I really feel like all creativity has left me! It is a little hard to suggest portrait ideas for people I don't know. Usually I get an idea that is related to the person.

But I've got to give some suggestions, so here are two:

1: Take the seniors to Vancouver and do some street portraits.

2: Or take the shorter drive in to Lillooet and find some old buildings. I'm really fascinated by portraits shot in front of weird, cool or old buildings!

Keep up the good work :-)

Brandon said...

I have no creative ideas - I just steal other peoples creative ideas. Now I'm gonna go find a red chair...

Ceri Christiansen said...

Thanks for all the help guys!!

Unknown said...

My favorite "prop" is the road background, and on the road right by Fountainview I have a picture of my sister and her friend Ida out in the middle of the road... (from way back when) You need to be able to see the yellow lines going down the center. And that´s real close, too! (closer than Vancouver...) :)

Ingi said...

I always like profile pictures and black & white shade pictures... (for example half of the face in the light, the other half dark/in the shade). Thinking pictures are also cool.... or simply just the most "typical thing" of that individual. You're doing a great job! I really like the pictures!