Camp out feb 2009












Tuesday brought the stomach flu and couch day, Wednesday did not bring food or water, Thursday my stomach excepted food again, and Friday brought a camping trip. I'm going to tell you about the camping trip, might be a little more appealing. Every person that spends any time at Fountainview is bound to take a trip across the river and up the valley. We knew it takes about 2 1/2 hours to hike, so we decided to leave at 12:30 sharp. We were right on time, but the tire died on the way there. There were 25 of us and we still had a 20min drive until the trail head. Thankfully its ladies first, so I pilled in with all the other girls and headed up the mountain with Larson. It was a beautiful hike only about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Lots of snow and cougar tracks to keep our mind off our straining muscles. To my great relief no furry friends ran over my face like has happened so many times in the past. The walls tell stories of the many rodents who have been chased to their death. Cooking was a blast, but if you know me you are probably not amazed at that statement. Because my stomach was not thinking about food while packing, I got creative with the food I had up there. I made pancakes for all the guys that did not feel like cooking. I did not have my brothers gouge to make a spoon, so this camp out I made chop sticks to eat my food with. Brittany placed her hand on the stove pipe on the first night. Not a very good idea when it is hot. It caused allot of pain, and started to blister so I stayed up with her and tried to distract her from the unbearable pain. So that first night was spent reading log books until the early morning hours. There is a perfectly clear stream near by and a bolder field with boulders the size of a houses. If I get a chance, I will be back up there!

1 comment:

jonathonlarson said...

you got around to blogging before i did :) glad you had fun and that you want to go back some time.